Happy 4th! A little late....

7:22 PM Edit This 2 Comments »





We had so much fun this 4th of July. We started the day off driving to a little town nearby called Piedmont where we walked to the parade site from a friends house. I have to say that it was wonderful, so much better than the parade here in town. I got a couple of pics of us at the parade and one of Taylor with his hat in his hand after he said to me "Mom, I got all the candy... let's go home now" I laughed because the parade had only just started. There are perks to being at the beginning of the parade route. We then hung around and TJ and Dad rode in a "real" local firetruck. Another pic shows Nate in a play ground toy, a little boy asked Nate if he could sit next to him. The little boy was so excited that an adult was driving the playground equipment. LOL!

After a great lunch with our friends we headed back home for naps. We then headed over to another friends house for the fireworks. They live up on a hill overlooking the local country club... it was awesome. No crowds, great friends, and they even played patriotic music while the fireworks were going off. (and Lee was sleeping in the house) So it was an awesome setup!

I just love spending time with my family. This weekend we are going camping at a KOA in the hills. I know it's "fancy" camping but we get to go swimming and we will enjoy all the KOA perks. : )

Hope your 4th was great too! All our love...

2 comments:

Cheri and David said...

Looks like perfect 4th of July! I love parade candy too..it's the best! Have fun camping! Even if it is the fancy kind :) (that would be my preferred camping of choice as well!! especially with kids!)

Chris 'n Leah said...

Yummy! Nothing better than a hat full of candy! Those are great pictures! The boys have grown up so fast in the last few months that I have been watching your blog! I guess time stands still for no one.

On our recient trip to Utah we took a day and went up to visit Rexburg. Boy it has changed...the town is so big and busy now. We drove by your old apartment and reminised about us all being there together. Fun times :).