Voting and other random thoughts...

12:15 PM Edit This 5 Comments »
Can we be done already!! I am so tired of this election. (sigh)

Why can't we just leave things alone... why does everyone feel that everyone should be bailed out. What about consequences. I'm frustrated.

I really get annoyed with Halloween, I don't like it as an adult but it sure was a lot of fun as a kid. So who am I to deny my own children of Halloween fun. (sigh) Here's to another Halloween night! We might try the Great Pumpkin approach this year... the day after Halloween have TJ leave out his candy in exchange for a toy from the Great Pumpkin. We'll see if he'll go for it. LOL!

I am going to try my hand at daycare. I'm thinking that 2-3 extra kids won't be too bad and I'll be able to pull in some extra $$ to put in savings. Nate and I are doing fine financially but it is going to take us forever at the rate we are going to have any amount of extra $$. Sure would be great to pay down some debt and feel safer financially in these tough economic times. I could do design but unless I hire sitters for my own kids I find it hard to give it the time it needs. So I feel like this is a good option.

That's about it... my random thoughts for the day.

5 comments:

Chris 'n Leah said...

Yes, you are right...all of the election nonsence will be over soon enough and then we get to wait 6 months to see how it affects us in real terms.

And yes, Halloween is really for the children. They love it SOOOOOOO much. But as adults we know that it is just another made up holiday to get us to buy a bunch of junk we don't need for our homes or our bodies! Oh but those kids! I am not one to dress up but the adults that I know who do really seem to enjoy the holiday the most.

In-home daycare is a very good option for making extra money. That way you don't have to be away from your kids and there are always people looking for someone they can trust their children with. My mom used to do daycare. It also gives your kids someone else to play with! The only tricky thing can be transportation so keep that in mind.

It was good to hear some of your random thoughts...I am still trying to get over being sick all month long so I haven't had the energy to blog but soon I hope to.

Unknown said...

Yeah... I think I'll only take on 2-3 more. Everyone should fit in my van. I still need to be able to get around. : )

Thanks for the comments. Love you!

Cheri and David said...

I agree with you about this election! I voted on Monday and will be so glad when it's all over with!

We just got done trick-or-treating. David had to work so it was just me...not as fun! Spencer was content with the Halloween party we went to and about 7 houses to trick or treat at! :)

I've been thinking of taking up some sort of at home job as well. David will be going back to school full time next year, so we will be struggling for sure!

Take care Heather! Good luck tonight! We sure miss the Rapid City Trunk or Treat!

Unknown said...

Back to school, huh! That will be fun. (I'm being sarcastic - been there, done that) Well prepare yourself to be a student widow. LOL! It will be good for you to find good things to be involved in. Keep you from missing him to much. Good luck!

Sarah said...

Loving your random thoughts. Lee looks so big and grown up with his haircut. I voted early because Aaron is out of town, and there were so many annoying 18 year olds, I think the voting age should be changed to 23. Most 18 year olds don't care enough to really think about there vote. I know I sure didn't!