Glasses
1:17 PM Edit This 2 Comments »
So we are thinking that Taylor needs glasses. Two different things happened yesterday and it's interesting that both Nathan and I noticed something without mentioning our thoughts to each other.
Here's how it happened. I was reading before nap time to the kids "James and the Giant Peach" it's a chapter book and there are pictures occasionally I always hold up the book whenever there is a pic to see. I held up the book and Taylor got up and came over to see the book closer. I said "Taylor sit down, all the other kids can see from were they are at" He said "But Mom I can't see the picture." I showed the picture but was annoyed that he wasn't listening to me... so I put the book down on my lap. And he said "Mmmoooommm, I didn't get to see the picture" I thought surely he had enough time to see the picture. And I remembered that he always get's up to see the picture, hmmmm, I wonder if he needs glasses. I pushed that thought out of head determining that he has great eye siight like me. (never mind that his father and uncle have needed glasses since being boys)
So fast forward a few hours... I raced out of the house to attend a Chinese Cooking class barely had time to give my husband a welcome home kiss. He calls me that night on the cell saying that he thinks Taylor needs glasses... Really? Why? I asked. He says that he asked Taylor what time it was on the Microwave and he couldn't read it from the table. So he had him get closer and he thought the "0" was a "8" once he got closer he then noticed it was a "0" and corrected himself.
So, I know it's a long story but I think the two happenings on the same day mean something. So he has a eye appointment scheduled for Feb. 14th
I'll keep you posted.
Here's how it happened. I was reading before nap time to the kids "James and the Giant Peach" it's a chapter book and there are pictures occasionally I always hold up the book whenever there is a pic to see. I held up the book and Taylor got up and came over to see the book closer. I said "Taylor sit down, all the other kids can see from were they are at" He said "But Mom I can't see the picture." I showed the picture but was annoyed that he wasn't listening to me... so I put the book down on my lap. And he said "Mmmoooommm, I didn't get to see the picture" I thought surely he had enough time to see the picture. And I remembered that he always get's up to see the picture, hmmmm, I wonder if he needs glasses. I pushed that thought out of head determining that he has great eye siight like me. (never mind that his father and uncle have needed glasses since being boys)
So fast forward a few hours... I raced out of the house to attend a Chinese Cooking class barely had time to give my husband a welcome home kiss. He calls me that night on the cell saying that he thinks Taylor needs glasses... Really? Why? I asked. He says that he asked Taylor what time it was on the Microwave and he couldn't read it from the table. So he had him get closer and he thought the "0" was a "8" once he got closer he then noticed it was a "0" and corrected himself.
So, I know it's a long story but I think the two happenings on the same day mean something. So he has a eye appointment scheduled for Feb. 14th
I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:
Well- way to be observant parents! He'd be super cute in glasses too! :)
Keep us updated on everything. I have a friend who's daughter has been wearing glassing since she was 2 years old. I don't understand how they can know a child needs glass when they are so young but what a blessing that they can.
Hang in there...how are YOU feeling?
Post a Comment