Mind of Taylor... 12/4/08

1:11 PM Edit This 1 Comment »

(in the car - Taylor says)

TJ: Mom, Heavenly Father doesn't answer my prayers..

Me: What?! He doesn't?

TJ: Every night I pray that I won't have bad dreams but I still do...

Me: Well, maybe we should pray that you don't have any bad or SCARY dreams.

TJ: He doesn't answer my prayers because he is to busy helping the other kids with their dreams.

What do you say???
(That evening TJ and I are about to say prayer before bed...)

Me: TJ when you pray you really need to "feel" the words that you say... Heavenly Father won't listen if you are just saying the same words, over and over again.

(Taylor says O.K. and starts to pray - what he says after his prayer)

TJ: Mom, sometimes I don't feel the words but tonight I really feel it.

(This morning at breakfast)

Me: Did you have any bad dreams last night? (holding my breath)

TJ: ummm... no


----
I love my children. I love how we are all learning together.


1 comments:

Sue B. said...

What a great teaching moment I think that you were inspired to say what you did GREAT JOB!!!!!! Love YA