Wow... I never imagined....
8:20 PM Edit This 6 Comments »
So I just went downstairs to let the dog out... and decided to go give TJ a kiss on the head. (He's been in bed since 8pm) The covers were pulled up over his head and I kissed his covered head. To my surprise an awake little boy popped his head out and said goodnight mom and gave me a kiss.
I said "you need to go to sleep" (it's 9:15)
He said "I don't want to, I'm not that tired"
I said "well you better try you'll be tired in the morning"
and I left him with a final kiss. As I was about to head up the stairs it dawned on me that him having his head covered up was kinda wierd so like any good sneaky mother... I tip toed back to his room and watched him for a moment...
That's when I heard it! A little computer game sound.... LOL! That little boy had his Vtech game in bed with him and was playing it. He even had the volume turned all the way low... I started to laugh and told him that he couldn't play his game. Of course I took his game and he was none to happy but I had to chuckle all the way up the stairs. I HAVE A LITTLE BOY! When did that happen???
Of course he is now crying and thinking I am the meanest mom in the whole world. Life can be tough for a 5 year old. LOL! I just had to share this little life moment. I HAVE A LITTLE BOY!! It still has me cracking up. : )
I said "you need to go to sleep" (it's 9:15)
He said "I don't want to, I'm not that tired"
I said "well you better try you'll be tired in the morning"
and I left him with a final kiss. As I was about to head up the stairs it dawned on me that him having his head covered up was kinda wierd so like any good sneaky mother... I tip toed back to his room and watched him for a moment...
That's when I heard it! A little computer game sound.... LOL! That little boy had his Vtech game in bed with him and was playing it. He even had the volume turned all the way low... I started to laugh and told him that he couldn't play his game. Of course I took his game and he was none to happy but I had to chuckle all the way up the stairs. I HAVE A LITTLE BOY! When did that happen???
Of course he is now crying and thinking I am the meanest mom in the whole world. Life can be tough for a 5 year old. LOL! I just had to share this little life moment. I HAVE A LITTLE BOY!! It still has me cracking up. : )

6 comments:
Oh my word Heather, that is funny.Don't tell him that though. They grow up way to fast.
It seems that children never change I remember having a flash light with the covers over my head to just plain read. But of course you know that was way back in the dark ages. Love YA!!!!!
I can honestly say that has never happened in our house full of girls. We got a Wii for Christmas and our girls really enjoy playing it and thought they were fairly good at it until they played with our neighbor boys. They got one for Christmas also and "smoked" our girls! Boys just seem to love video games!
It's not just a boy thing....just with girls, it's dolls and ponies and pink puppies that they tell stories to under the covers. I stand outside Meghan's door listening to the stories and songs she tells her babies....usually with my hand over my mouth so she doesn't hear me giggling.
Sue B is right....it's a kid thing. I remember doing it when I was little and thinking I was soooo cool to get away with it. Never occured to me that Mom probably knew all about it.
So true Kathy! We just thought we were sneaky!!
Oh, mom, you should have let him put himself to sleep with his video game! That's so funny, thanks for sharing.
E
Post a Comment