Vacation - Part 2
7:32 PM Edit This 2 Comments »Vacation - Part 2
THE WEDDING...
1. Seeing my old roomate, Kate, and other friends from my past at her rehearsal dinner, AND meeting new friends, what a wonderful night.
2. Watching Nathan get on the train to head back to my parents home (so I could keep the car with me) was kinda heart wrenching. Call me crazy but I was a little nervous for him. Hoping that he would be O.K. that he wouldn't miss his stop.. etc. I know, I know... he's a grown man. Am I a little over the top?... you betcha.
3. Playing skee ball and bowling at Kate's bachelorette party.
4. Thank goodness for GPS uints that can get a girl home in a strange place.
5. Enjoying a BBQ with the wedding party and friends. Laughing my head off and smiling as I retold how Nate and I met.
6. Staying the night with Kate and the other bridesmaids the night of the wedding.
7. Showing off my VERY bright green shoes. (per Kate's wedding colors)
8. Kate's HUGE list of to do's before the wedding started.
9. Laughing with the other bridesmaids... what great gals they are. I can see why Kate loves and cherishes each one of them.
10. Staying up till 3am, preparing for the wedding.
11. Getting ready for the wedding, with the other Bridesmaids... what a bonding experience.
12. Getting all primped and pretty for the wedding.
13. Having the longest fake eyelashes put on my eyes! (1st time for that)
14. The wonderful excitement of watching Kate get dressed and ready for her wedding.
15. The flutters in my stomach as the wedding was about to begin.
16. Shock and dread of having the wedding music power off right before the bride was supposed to walk down the isle and knowing that my husband was in charge of it. YIKES!
17. Walking down the isle to my own music. (in my head)
18. Relief when Nate and the best man got the music to play without to much of a delay so that Kate could have HER MOMENT down the isle.
19. Seeing the joy of Kate and Brandon as husband and wife.
20. Loving the reception and it's 50's theme! So neat!
21. Dancing with my husband to one of the best wedding bands that I have ever heard.
22. Sadness in realizing that my time with the other bridesmaid's was coming to an end.
23. Leaving the wedding after cleaning up and grabbing some Denny's with my husband at 11pm at night.
24. SLEEPING IN!!!!!! barely functioning on Tuesday but so happy that I was a part of Kate and Brandon's wedding.

Gina and I at the Rehersal Dinner... we laughed so much... it's been so long since I could just be me. I love being a mom... but there is something to be said for a girls night out.







2 comments:
Let's do it all again, only you fly out alone and I kidnap you all to myself.
Any word on a new job?
What fun, I am glad that you got to go. Love YA!!!! P. S. you can come over and swim anytime LOL.
Post a Comment